The goal of industrial marketing is to bring your products and services to the people who need them and this has become a bigger challenge in the digital world of endless information. When you boost your products and company with search engine optimized content, you will be more successful at connecting with your consumers.
Organization and consistency are key elements for establishing and maintaining an effective online presence. Search engines want to connect their searchers to the most relevant content so your online strategy must be based on quality content tailored for people, not robots and spiders. In other words, “Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines”.
There are simple ways to implement SEO into every channel from social media platforms to the photographs you choose to showcase your company and products.
Do Not Underestimate The Power Of Pictures For SEO
Pictures are nothing but a bunch of pixels and after all this is what Google thinks of them too.
In order to bring the pixels to life on search engines, you need to follow these simple steps. To get the most out of your product photography each image should be appropriately named, sized and described. This works wonders for industrial companies that offer online product catalogs.
- Use ALT text to describe your product. Search engines find your photos by searching the text, not the image. ALT text is the primary text that Google uses to identify images in search results. ALT texts are usually the product name, i.e. 30 ft. horizontal car loading vacuum furnace, or Model MP1200 Melt Indexer.
- Use Title Tags to provide additional information to the visitor. This is the text displayed when a cursor hovers over the image.
- Adjust image file size. No one likes to wait for photos to load and page load time effects SEO rankings. To preserve the quality of your image and to ensure quick loading, use the free Image Optimizer tool. This will enable your photos to shine across all browsers and mobile devices.
- Add a File Name. Pick a descriptive name for your photo and I recommend including a link to your online catalog. You want to choose a file name that you want the image to rank for. Look at these search results as an example to see how the top results are linked to a site.
- All of your line items should have an accompanying image with them. The more pictures you have of your products, the higher ranking your catalog will be.
Over the years I have seen industrial manufacturing photography change from a basic professional service into a digital powerhouse that can bring any industry to life on the web. Search engines are a great tool to help consumers find what they need and they work together with social media to connect your brand to your audience.